Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy
A new therapy, using intense pulsed light and a photosensitizing agent, is a two-part procedure resulting in significant improvement in pre-cancerous conditions, sun-damaged skin, and cystic acne. It also improves wrinkles, pore size, skin texture, pigmentation, Rosacea, and Sebaceous Hyperplasia.
This is the industry's most recent procedure for facial rejuvenation, facial peeling, and the treatment of acute acne. It is also used to treat Actinic Keratoses (pre-cancerous scaly lesions), Sebaceous Hyperplasia (overgrowth of fine bumps most commonly on the forehead) and various other skin lesions.
Photorejuvenation using intense pulsed light (IPL) is now the gold standard of non-ablative skin treatments. The most recent advance in photorejuvenation is photodynamic therapy (PDT) combined with IPL, known as photodynamic skin rejuvenation. Photodynamic skin rejuvenation involves the application of Levulan, a photosensitizing agent, which is then activated with IPL. This results in significant improvement in pre-cancerous conditions such as AK's, actinically-damaged skin, sun-damaged skin, moderate to severe cystic acne, and potentially superficial skin cancers. Additionally, it improves wrinkles, pore size, skin texture, pigmentation, Rosacea, Sebaceous Hyperplasia, and potentially prevents the development of skin cancer. Levulan is revolutionizing how we perform skin rejuvenation.
Photodynamic Therapy with Levulan for:
• Removing precancerous skin lesions
• Preventing skin cancer
• Improving wrinkles
• Improving pores
• Improving skin texture
• Improving pigmentation
• Treating moderate to severe cystic acne
• Treating Sebaceous Hyperplasia
• A nurse or aesthetician will apply the medicine.
• After one hour you will have a PhotoFacial treatment with IPL (intense pulse light).
• You may be given an anesthetic topical cream applied prior to the light exposure.
• You will be given special goggles to wear to protect your eyes during the IPL treatment.
• During the treatment you may feel stinging, tingling, prickling, or burning of the lesions, but this should go away after the treatment.
• You should stay out of the sun and bright light as much as possible for the next 48 hours.
• The skin will turn red and swollen in the following three to seven days.
• Some crusting may be noted.
• There should be some discomfort, but no significant pain.
• After one week, there might be some residual redness that will subside after a few days and can be covered with makeup.
Blu-U® Light Therapy
There is now a new treatment available that doesn't depend on medication. It's called Blu-U® Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy. The Blue-U® is a very special blue light that can kill the p. acnes bactemit in your skin. Treatments are simple—you sit with your face close to the light for a short time, usually a 15 minute session, about twice per week. Treatments generally continue for five weeks. The process is also very safe; it is not hot or painful at all
The Blue Light Treatment is not a laser. It emits safe, cool visible blue light to provide the desired results.
Return to the top